Friday, April 23, 2010

Cooking in Laos


Since we've moved to Laos, it has been a little more time consuming for us to cook because there's no Walmart or Kroger to run and get something that you're used to having pre-prepped. Beth has been very helpful to us since she's been doing this for two years.

Some of the things that Michael often makes from scratch are bread, granola, tortillas, pizza, and cookies.

There is an endless supply of fruits and vegetables here, but finding a good piece of meat is tricky.

I wanted to share some pictures so that you can see some of the delicious things that Michael is making.  I'm also including a couple of pics of the markets so that you can get an idea of what kinds of things are available.

We are definitely not going without here! I am so blessed to have such a talented husband:) 


Salsa with green mangoes

Pizza


Shrimp stuffed Chicken breast and fried mushrooms

Chicken breast, veggies, and sticky rice


Meat in a local market



Granola




Some vegetables at a local market



1 comment:

  1. Yummmm! It all looks so delicious. I miss getting left overs that you would bring to share when Michael would cook. :)

    ReplyDelete